Thursday, December 9, 2010

FACT Magazine's 40 Best Albums of 2010


It wasn't until a few months ago that I discovered FACT, but it's quickly become one of my top resources for everything music. It's great, seriously. And their albums list is one of the most interesting we've seen, full of albums I love and ones I haven't heard, and very free from many year-end cliche picks. While it doesn't necessarily align with my personal list, it's highly intriguing nonetheless. So pay close attention, kids, as the top ten is posted after the jump and the top 40 in its entirety is right over here.



10. Oneohtrix Point Never--Returnal
This looks about right to me.
9. Altered Natives--Tenement Yard, Vol. 1
Listening to this for the first time right now. Sounds pretty good.
8. Emeralds--Does It Look Like I'm Here?
More love for Emeralds than I would've expected at this point. I like that.
7. Drake--Thank Me Later
It may have to do with my Degrassi obsession, but I really do like this album.
6. Salem--King Night
Good album. Chicago group. That said, shouldn't be this high up.
5. Darkstar--North
Still have to listen to this one...
4. Teengirl Fantasy--7AM
I've still only heard one song by them, which I rather enjoyed.
3. Actress--Splazsh
Well, I've been wanting this record since it came out, but I haven't actually listened to it.
2. Kanye West--My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy
Understandable.
1. Forest Swords--Dagger Paths
Very cool record. Not my favorite of the year, but... very cool record.

And I think that may be it for the day list-wise. Live long and prosper.

No comments:

Post a Comment