Obviously we all love The A.V. Club because they're funny while still being unique, tasteful, and intelligent. But, while their music taste is well informed, it doesn't always quite align with my own. Regardless, I respect them and their list of their twenty-five favorite albums of 2010. The top ten is posted below, and the rest of it's here.
10. Robyn--Body Talk
Understandable, I suppose.
9. Vampire Weekend--Contra
8. Superchunk--Majesty Shredding
Haven't heard this album, not a big fan of the group.
7. Big Boi--Sir Lucious Left Foot: The Son of Chico Dusty
This is a good hip-hop album, but nowhere near as good as it should've been.
6. Janelle Monae--The ArchAndroid
Putting collaborators back-to-back. Coincidence? Probably.
5. The Roots--How I Got Over
I appreciate their work with Jimmy Fallon more than I do their actual music.
4. LCD Soundsystem--This Is Happening
3. The National--High Violet
I just don't see the appeal of this band or album.
2. The Walkmen--Lisbon
1. Kanye West--My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy
Mr. West's starting to run away with #1's.
Yeah, A.V. Club! Woo hoo! Whatever.