Monday, December 6, 2010

Drowned In Sound's Albums of The Year 2010

I don't really feel like talking about Drowned In Sound, although it is a pretty solid list. They released their top 75 albums of 2010, and 75-51 are here, 50-11 are here, and the top ten is both here and posted below.

10. Sufjan Stevens--The Age Of Adz
More interesting on paper than in reality, this album doesn't move me.
9. LCD Soundsystem--This Is Happening
We all know what I think: Should be even higher.
8. Yeasayer--Odd Blood
More like Lame-sayer. Ha!
7. Shearwater--The Golden Archipelago
Eh.
6. These New Puritans--Hidden
I'm indifferently surprised at this album's year-end praise.
5. The Knife--Tomorrow, In A Year
I revisited this album recently, and, I must say, it's quite good. Not this good, though.
4. Perfume Genius--Learning
I dig this pick; even though I wouldn't put this this high, I still love it.
3. Deftones--Diamond Eyes
While Deftones are one of those bands from my hard rock/alt. metal phase that took place in 4th through 7th grade that I still semi-enjoy, they're not this good at all.
2. The National--High Violet
More like The Lame-tional.
1. Emeralds--Does It Look Like I'm Here?
Surprising choice for #1, but I'm all for it. It's not my #1, but it's a damn fine album.

Overall a pretty cool, moderately unique list, eh?

No comments:

Post a Comment