Monday, December 21, 2009

My Favorite Songs of 2009

It's finally here (not that you've really been waiting): my list of my favorite songs of 2009! I've done a sizable amount of downloading and CD buying this year, and now I get to make that all worthwhile. A lot of good stuff has been released in the past twelve months, which means it was tough to narrow down a list of my favorite songs. So I'm gonna list my top 45 of the year. The songs cover a decent array of music, from dance to indie rock to...oh wait. That's about it. What can I say? My favorite songs are the ones that are catchy and to the point. I may love Monoliths & Dimensions, but none of those songs are exactly good singles. Anyhow, here's the list. (I'm only posting links for the top 10 because those are the most important ones. And I'm lazy.)

45. Major Lazer--Keep It Goin' Louder
44. Ganglians--Valient Brave
43. Free Energy--Dream City
42. Fever Ray--Seven
41. Bibio--Lovers' Carvings

40. Tyondai Braxton--Platinum Rows
39. Raekwon et. al.--House Of Flying Daggers
38. Sun Araw--Heavy Deeds
37. The xx--Basic Space
36. Neon Indian--Deadbeat Summer
35. Burial--Fostercare
34. The Juan Maclean--One Day
33. No Age--You're A Target
32. Solange--Stillness Is The Move
31. Matias Aguayo--Rollerskate

30. Raekwon--10 Bricks
29. Girls--Hellhole Ratrace
28. Joker--Digidesign
27. John Talabot--Sunshine
26. Micachu--Golden Phone
25. Lady GaGa--Bad Romance
24. Das Racist--Combination Pizza Hut and Taco Bell (Wallpaper. Remix)
23. Atlas Sound--Walkabout
22. Sleigh Bells--Crown On The Ground
21. Beach House--Norway

20. The Sandwitches--Back To The Sea
19. Grizzly Bear--While You Wait For The Others
18. Girls--Lust For Life
17. Animal Collective--Brother Sport
16. Fuck Buttons--Surf Solar
15. Big Boi feat. Gucci Mane--Shine Blockas
14. The Very Best--Warm Heart of Africa
13. Dirty Projectors & David Byrne--Knotty Pine
12. Grizzly Bear--Two Weeks
11. YACHT--Psychic City (Voodoo City)

10. Antony & The Johnsons--Aeon
9. Dirty Projectors--Two Doves
8. Bat For Lashes--Daniel
7. Animal Collective--My Girls
6. Gold Panda--Quitters Raga
5. Joy Orbison--Hyph Mngo
3. Dan Deacon--Snookered
2. Animal Collective--What Would I Want? Sky
1. Dirty Projectors--Stillness Is The Move


That's what I think. Look for my favorite albums of 2009 tomorrow. This list probably gives insight as to what those albums may be.

No comments:

Post a Comment