Friday, December 25, 2009

My Favorite Songs of The 2000s (Pt. 2)

Here is Part 2 of the my-favorite-songs-of-the-decade list. In case you missed Part 1 (and my corresponding wistful intro), it's here. That one explains essentially everything you need to know. The only thing you need to know about this part is that it includes my absolute favorite songs of this past decade: #60 through the big #1. All these songs are very good, so I hope you appreciate them.

60. Portishead--Machine Gun
59. The Darkness--I Believe In A Thing Called Love
58. Dan Deacon--Wham City
57. The Knife--Silent Shout
56. TV On The Radio--Staring At The Sun
55. Queens Of The Stone Age--No One Knows
54. Annie--Heartbeat
53. Antony & The Johnsons--Aeon
52. Dirty Projectors--Two Doves
51. The Avalanches--Frontier Psychiatrist

50. Kylie Minogue--Can't Get You Out Of My Head
49. Bat For Lashes--Daniel
48. M.I.A. feat. Bun B & Rich Boy--Paper Planes
47. The Streets--Fit But You Know It
46. Dizzee Rascal--Fix Up, Look Sharp
45. Animal Collective--Leaf House
44. Animal Collective--My Girls
43. Gold Panda--Quitters Raga
42. The Knife--Heartbeats
41. Hot Chip--And I Was A Boy From School

40. LCD Soundsystem--Yeah (Crass Version)
39. The Rapture--House Of Jealous Lovers
38. UGK feat. Outkast--Int'l Players Anthem (I Choose You)
37. Beyonce--Crazy In Love
36. Joy Orbison--Hyph Mngo
35. DJ Kaos--Love The Night Away (Tiedye Mix)
34. The Postal Service--Such Great Heights
33. Electric Six--Danger! High Voltage
32. Peter Bjorn & John--Young Folks
31. Antony & The Johnsons--Hope There's Someone

30. The Avalanches--Since I Left You
29. Grinderman--No Pussy Blues
28. Dan Deacon--Snookered
27. Burial--Archangel
26. Arthur Russell--I Couldn't Say It To Your Face
25. Animal Collective--What Would I Want? Sky
24. Panda Bear--Bros
23. The Knife--We Share Our Mothers' Health
22. The Exploding Hearts--I'm A Pretender
21. Mclusky--To Hell With Good Intentions

20. Beirut--Postcards From Italy
19. Modest Mouse--Float On
18. Yeah Yeah Yeahs--Maps
17. Dirty Projectors--Stillness Is The Move
16. The Arcade Fire--Wake Up
15. Wolf Parade--I'll Believe In Anything
14. TV On The Radio--Wolf Like Me
13. Gnarls Barkley--Crazy
12. The White Stripes--Seven Nation Army
11. Hercules And Love Affair--Blind

10. Outkast--B.O.B.
9. LCD Soundsystem--Someone Great
8. Missy Elliott--Get Ur Freak On
7. Animal Collective--Fireworks
6. Battles--Atlas
5. R. Kelly--Ignition (Remix)
4. LCD Soundsystem--All My Friends
3. Outkast--Hey Ya!
2. The White Stripes--Fell In Love With A Girl (Also the best video of the decade)
1. LCD Soundsystem--Losing My Edge


That's what I think. Yes, I like LCD Soundsystem. Look for the best albums list soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment