Monday, August 30, 2010

Song of The Day #103


"Ladyflash" by The Go! Team

I think most of us kind of pushed The Go! Team to the back of our hard drives and forgot about them a year or so after Thunder, Lightning, Strike came out. It was a great album, a fun album, a relatively unique album. And while this might just be my own personal experience, the hype for the group seemed to die a pretty quick death. That said, when I heard "Ladyflash" yesterday for the first time in probably two years, I swiftly remembered why I loved the band for a (brief) period of time. Sounding almost like a live version of an Avalanches song, "Ladyflash" goes through several stylistically unique parts deftly and enthusiastically. It's fun, it's happy, it's different. Though I maintain that the band as a whole is (was?) nothing too earth-shaking, this song is.

No comments:

Post a Comment