Thursday, November 25, 2010

Stereogum's Most Anticipated Albums of 2011

Oy vey! We're already getting into 2011 lists! Stereogum hit us today with their 50 Most Anticipated Albums of 2011, an entirely speculative and therefore inconsequential list. But I'm posting it nevertheless on account of: 1) I love lists, and 2) I, too, am looking forward to several of these albums. So even though we're not yet done with 2010, here's to a potentially great 2011! (The top ten are after the jump. The rest is here.)


10. Death Cab For Cutie--TBA
Eh. Probably won't be buying this...
9. Cut Copy--Zonoscope
See above.
8. Cloud Nothings--Cloud Nothings
Who the heck are Cloud Nothings?
7. The Cave Singers--No Witch
Could be good, I suppose.
6. The Cars--TBA
I mean, it's The Cars. Then again, it's The Cars.
5. James Blake--James Blake
So excited!
4. Beastie Boys--Hot Sauce Committee, Vol. 2
So excited!
3. The Avalanches--TBA
I would be extremely excited for this, but I'm dubious that it'll even be released. I won't believe this album exists until I'm listening to it on a stereo and holding the physical copy in my hands.
2. Fiona Apple--TBA
She's alright.
1. Aphex Twin--TBA
Aren't there four albums coming out or something? Whatever the case, I'm very excited.

I'm still concentrating on 2010, but it seems like 2011 may be pretty awesome.

1 comment: