Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Decibel's Top Albums of 2010


The magazines are rolling out their year-end lists in time for their December issues... Today we get metal mag Decibel's Top 40 Albums of the year. I don't exactly read Decibel on account of I don't really love metal, but I always enjoy checking their lists just to see a different point of view--or at least to learn some great band and album names. The top ten is listed below, and you can see the whole thing here. I won't make any snide comments because I haven't heard a single album in the top ten. In fact, the only albums I've listened to at all on the entire list are High On Fire's and The Body's. Typical hipster metal, I know I know I know... I'll be sure to take a peek at their top picks, though.

10. The Austerity Program--Backsliders and Apostates Will Burn
9. Nails--Unsilent Death
8. Thou--Summit
7. Ludicra--The Tenant
6. Torche--Songs For Singles
5. Enslaved--Axioma Ethica Odini
4. Dawnbringer--Nucleus
3. Triptykon--Eparistera Daimones
2. Watain--Lawless Darkness
1. Agalloch--Marrow Of The Spirit


No comments:

Post a Comment