Saturday, October 17, 2009

Poll Results: Decade's Best Pop Song

Recently I asked you, the faithful Il Buono readers, what your favorite pop song of this decade (the noughts, the double-oh's, whatever) is. I gave choices that were personal favorites of mine that I believed represented an array of the different styles of pop made up the decade. There was a record number of votes (9), and there was a tie at the top. "Hey Ya!" and "Ignition (Remix)" each received two votes and 22.2% of the total vote. There was a four-way tie for second, with "SexyBack," "Toxic," "Since U Been Gone," and "Crazy" each receiving one vote (or 11.1%). "Crazy In Love" and "Can't Get You Out Of My Head" each ended up voteless.

I'll take a moment to speak about the winners. "Hey Ya!" and "Ignition" (coincidentally my two favorites) both consumed me and the rest of America this decade. They both brought black pop to all audiences, and they're both exceedingly ridiculous. I'm glad you people picked these as your favorites, because they are both very deserving of the "best of the decade" title.

Thought voting for that was fun? Vote for this week's poll! Just look to your right and click your mouse. This week's question: "Do you like the Flaming Lips?" If you answer "yes," tell me why in the comments section of this post.

No comments:

Post a Comment