Sunday, January 3, 2010

My Favorite Record Labels of the 2000s

This is the final best of the decade music list here at Il Buono, and boy is it a good one. Actually, it's not any better than anything else. Regardless, this list celebrates my favorite record labels of the past decade. A great label is one that has a purpose, an aesthetic, a interesting lineup of artists, and a consistently great music output, whether it's abundant or not. (And good CD packaging doesn't hurt either.) All these labels, in my opinion, are great labels.

1. DFA
Key release: Sound Of Silver by LCD Soundsystem
2. Warp
Haha Sound by Broadcast
3. Domino
Bitte Orca by Dirty Projectors
4. Fat Cat
Sung Tongs by Animal Collective
5. Hyperdub
Untrue by Burial
6. Kranky
Microcastle by Deerhunter
7. Rough Trade
Blueberry Boat by Fiery Furnaces
8. Carpark
Bromst by Dan Deacon
9. Matador
Boy In Da Corner by Dizzee Rascal
10. Stones Throw
Madvillainy by Madvillain
11. Southern Lord
Pink by Boris
12. Italians Do It Better
After Dark by Various

That's what I think. Next, I'll talk to you a little bit about movies.

1 comment:

  1. I can't find any other post to comment in, but I'm gonna say Los Campesino's Romance Is Boring is gonna be awesome!

    ReplyDelete