Sunday, December 19, 2010

Tiny Mix Tapes' Favorite Albums of 2010

We've come to the first of (probably) the final three lists I'll be posting for 2010: Tiny Mix Tapes' albums list. TMT, along with the two publications whose lists will be posted after this, is arguably my favorite source for finding music (and movies). Its taste delicately balance the indie mainstream and the avant-garde--just like I like to think my own do--and thus I find myself agreeing with (or if not agreeing with, respecting) their ratings and lists more than nearly all others'. This year's list has many of the predictable year-end albums, but throws in enough interesting, unpredictable picks so that it's a unique and intriguing list. So, without further ado, you can view their top ten albums of the year below and check the whole dang list here.



10. Kanye West--My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy
I feel like this is the first list that's included this album, but not in the top two.
9. Deerhunter--Halcyon Digest
Understandable, more or less.
8. Emeralds--Does It Look Like I'm Here?
Sure.
7. Joanna Newsom--Have One On Me
Could be higher, I suppose.
6. Oneohtrix Point Never--Returnal
Yes.
5. Big Boi--Sir Lucious Left Foot: The Son of Chico Dusty
No.
4. Flying Lotus--Cosmogramma
Yes-ish.
3. Swans--My Father Will Guide Me Up A Rope To The Sky
I like this pick.
2. Ariel Pink's Haunted Graffiti--Before Today
I just... no.
1. Zs--New Slaves
Well, I guess I'm gonna have to buy and/or download this...

Good list. Next up: Pitchfork!

No comments:

Post a Comment