Friday, September 30, 2011

My Favorite Things (9/30)


Hello, all. So, Spotify is still really cool--but in somewhat accordance to the Slow Listening Movement, I've vowed to stop downloading so much until I've actually, you know, listened to everything. This means I've been doing a lot of listening. A lot of this lot of listening has been directed, though, at finding songs for my new radio show--that's right: my radio show (well, my and my friend's). It's called That Thing, and it's on WBAR from six to eight EST every Friday morning. (The shows'll be archived in case you don't feel like waking up...) Anyways, the show essentially just plays soul from the mid-50s to mid-70s. You should listen one time.

Betty Davis - "If I'm In Luck I Might Get Picked Up"
Brian Eno - "Windows 95 Startup Sound (11 Minute Loop)"
David Bowie - Stage (Live, Boston 1978)
Disco Inferno - The 5 EPs
Hawkwind - Space Ritual

Ike & Tina Turner - "Funkier Than A Mosquita's Tweeter"
Iron Butterfly - "In-A-Gadda-Da-Vida"
The Last Poets - The Last Poets
The Meatmen - We're The Meatmen... And You Suck
Mikal Cronin - "Apathy"

Twin Sister - In Heaven
Ty Segall - "Finger"
Ultra Vivid Scene - "It Happens Every Time"
Van Dyke Parks - Discover America
Various - Eccentric Soul: Twinight's Lunar Rotation

No comments:

Post a Comment