Sunday, September 18, 2011

My Favorite Things (9/18)


"Did she say there was other guys there? Did she say there was other guys there? Were there other guys there? Well, tell me this: how the fuck she know I was with them other girls then?"

I rediscovered R. Kelly's under-appreciated masterpiece, "Real Talk," this week--but my most important musical find is much more earth-shattering, believe it or not. It's Spotify. I got it a few days ago, and it's changed everything; all I have to do is click and drag to get all the free, legal music I want on my computer. It's overwhelming, but it's beautiful. Anyways, it's resulted in a lot of new Favorite Things for me, so this edition of My Favorite Things will include not fifteen, but thirty selections. Enjoy.

The Angels of Light - Everything Is Good Here/Please Come Home
Curtis Mayfield - "(Don't Worry) If There's A Hell Below, We're All Going To Go"
Cybotron - Clear
Dalek - From Filthy Tongues of Gods and Griots
Danny Brown - "Monopoly"

Deerhoof - "Goin' Up The Country (Live)"
Depeche Mode - Ultra
Don Cherry - "Brown Rice"
Essential Logic - Fanfare In The Garden
The Fire Show - Saint The Fire Show

Fire! with Jim O'Rourke - "Are You Both Still Unreleased?"
The Flirtations - "Nothing But A Heartache"
Girls - Father, Son, Holy Ghost
Henry Cow - "Guider Tells of Silent Airborne Machine"
Jackie Wilson - "Higher and Higher"

The Jesters - "Love No One But You"
Jocy de Oliveira - A Musica do Secolo
Kevin Drumm - Sheer Hellish Miasma
Lightnin' Rod - Hustlers Convention
Minutemen - Paranoid Time EP

Nick Cave & The Bad Seeds - Tender Prey
R. Kelly - "Real Talk"
Slim Harpo - Raining In My Heart
Thee Oh Sees - Castlemania
Tom Ze - Estudando A Bossa

UGK - "Underground"
Vandermark 5 - "Further From The Truth (For Walker Evans)"
Willis Earl Beal - "Blue Escape"
The Wonders - "That Thing You Do!"
Youth Lagoon - "July"

No comments:

Post a Comment