Thursday, July 22, 2010

My Favorite Swedish Songs

Adjo, everybody! I'm leaving for Sweden today, so I thought I'd leave you with a bit of tribute to that country and its music. For a country that dips into the arctic circle, Sweden is pretty darn cool--and it's been pretty darn cool for a while. Plenty of great music has poured out of the country over the last few decades, and while the Swedes are best known in America for dance-y pop music, the music that's come from there runs the genre gamut. So here are my twenty favorite songs by Swedish artists, and I'll see y'all in August. (List after the jump.)



1. The Knife--We Share Our Mothers' Health
2. Peter Bjorn and John--Young Folks
3. Refused--New Noise
4. The Knife--Heartbeats
5. The Knife--Silent Shout
6. Air France--Collapsing At Your Doorstep
7. The Field--A Paw In My Face
8. The Hives--Hate To Say I Told You So
9. The Cardigans--Lovefool
10. ABBA--The Day Before You Came
11. Robyn--Dancing On My Own
12. ABBA--Take A Chance On Me
13. Fever Ray--If I Had A Heart
14. ceo--come with me
15. Dungen--Panda
16. Jens Lekman--The Opposite of Hallelujah
17. Fever Ray--Seven
18. The Tallest Man On Earth--King Of Spain
19. jj--From Africa To Malaga
20. Eagle-Eye Cherry--Save Tonight

That's what I think. Hooray for Sweden.

No comments:

Post a Comment