Thursday, August 27, 2009

My Favorite '90s Pop Songs


In continuing with this week's 1990s theme, I'm giving you my 20 favorite pop songs (many of them would be filed under "guilty pleasures") from that decade. Though, as you could probably infer from my Top Albums list, I'm not as much a fan of popular music, every once in a while there's a pop song that's either genuinely great or genuinely so catchy and ridiculous you have to like it. There's a little bit of both categories on this list. So, here are the songs that were both important to pop culture in the '90s and important to me. (I included all the music videos because what says '90s like a great music video?)

1. New Radicals--You Get What You Give
4. Beck--Loser
5. Hanson--Mmmbop
6. Sinead O'Connor--Nothing Compares 2 U
7. The Verve--Bittersweet Symphony
8. Harvey Danger--Flagpole Sitta
9. Weezer--Buddy Holly
10. Blind Melon--No Rain
11. Fastball--The Way
12. Chumbawumba--Tubthumping
13. The Notorious B.I.G. (with Puff Daddy and Mase)--Mo Money Mo Problems
14. Biz Markie--Just A Friend
15. Snow--Informer
16. Third Eye Blind--Semi-Charmed Life
17. Cherry Poppin' Daddies--Zoot Suit Riot
18. Right Said Fred--I'm Too Sexy
19. OMC--How Bizarre
20. Coolio--Gangsta's Paradise

That's what I think. Some of those are definitely guilty, but they all provide pleasure.


No comments:

Post a Comment